Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Never tried chai tea before, but I've been seeing it in a lot of recipes lately, so I thought I'd post it and give it a try.
- 2 spiced chai tea teabags
- 236.59 ml boiling water
- ice cube
- 118.29-177.44 ml heavy cream, divided
- 473.18 ml cool water, divided
- 29.58 ml sugar (to taste)
- ground cinnamon, for garnish
- ground nutmeg, for garnish
- Steep both tea bags in boiling water for about 4 minutes to brew 1 cup double-strength tea. Remove tea bags; refrigerate tea to cool.
- To serve, pour 1/2 the chilled tea over ice in each of 2 tall glasses.
- Add 1/4 cup cream, 1 cup cool water, and sugar to taste in each glass; stir to combine.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and/or nutmeg before serving, if desired.
Wow! Great refreshing drink! This would be really great on a hot summers day relaxing on my deck! Its definitely a keeper! Thanks for posting! This recipe was made for the Comfort Cafe's Jan. '09 tag game.