Recipe by WI Cheesehead
I came up with this to try to get my daily dose of turmeric in. Turmeric is an Indian spice that is anti-inflammatory. You can take this hot or add ice and drink it cold. Good either way. You could also add in some powdered ginger, if you like.
- 1 cup coconut milk (or other milk or milk substitute)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 dashes black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coconut oil (coconut for hot drink, olive for chilled) or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil (coconut for hot drink, olive for chilled)
- liquid stevia (or sweetener of choice, I use 8-10 drops of chocolate liquid stevia)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients, except ice (and olive oil, if you're using that), in a small pot on the stove and heat on medium low until it simmers lightly; remove from stove.
- If you are using honey or stevia or olive oil, add it now and dissolve; stir.
- If you're drinking this hot (with the coconut oil), pour into a mug.
- If drinking cold (with olive oil), pour into a tall travel mug, add ice to fill, mix and enjoy! You might have to stir occasionally to keep it from settling to the bottom.