Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
Cook time is freeze time. I like to use flavored coffees. I cut the sugar in half and it is still plenty sweet, even to my kids.
Top Review by Verelucky
Made this during the heat wave we just had and I give it 5 stars! So refreshing!!! Only thing I did different was I used decaf coffee. This would cost about $6.00 at a coffee shop! Thanks Marg!
- 3 cups hot strong brewed coffee (I use double strength)
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups sugar (or less, I use half)
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a freezer-safe bowl, stir coffee and sugar; until sugar is dissolved. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- Add the milk, cream and vanilla; freeze several hours or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer several hours before serving. Chop mixture until slushy; serve immediately.
- I like to let it thaw 2-3 hours, chop it with a knife until slushy, stir it good and then refreeze it for about an hour and serve.