Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
There are numerous recipes for chai tea, but this one is made to be served iced. It uses black tea and bittersweet chocolate, along with cardamom, cinnamon and allspice. From Cooking Club of America.
- 4 cups nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons black tea leaves
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 4 whole allspice, crushed
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise, or
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In medium saucepan, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes. Strain mixture. Refrigerate until chilled.