All the caffeine of espresso with the flavor of chai :) Use 2 tea bags for an extra strong flavor. I like to top with whipped cream and sprinkled cinnamon or drizzled honey. Tip: If you don't have an espresso machine and use regular strength coffee, you can vary the recipe as follows: 1) brew coffee; 2) place tea bags & sugar in hot coffee to soak and place in the refrigerator to chill; 3) mix with half n half.
- Cut open the tea bags and place in the bottom of the filter cup for your espresso machine.
- Place the coffee on top of the tea leaves (straining the espresso over the chai gives it the strongest flavor).
- Brew the espresso and mix in the sugar while it is still hot.
- Pour into a 12 ounce glass and quickly stir in 4-5 ice cubes until the side of the glass feels chilled.
- Fill to the top with milk.