Recipe by ~heidi~
All the caffeine of espresso with the flavor of chai :) Use 2 tea bags for an extra strong flavor. I like to top with whipped cream and sprinkled cinnamon or drizzled honey. Tip: If you don't have an espresso machine and use regular strength coffee, you can vary the recipe as follows: 1) brew coffee; 2) place tea bags & sugar in hot coffee to soak and place in the refrigerator to chill; 3) mix with half n half.
Top Review by Outta Here
I made this as a hot drink. I made it in my French Press pot. I put the loose tea in the pot with the ground coffee and poured in enough boiling water to fill pot. I let it steep 4 minutes before "pressing". I "steamed" the milk in my microwave frother, and used honey to sweeten. Looking forward to making this iced when the weather gets warmer. Made for Spring 2011 PAC game.
- 1 -2 chai tea teabags
- 2 tablespoons ground coffee
- 2 -3 teaspoons sugar or 2 -3 teaspoons honey
- 4 -5 ice cubes
- 5 -8 ounces 2% low-fat milk (at least 2% milkfat!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut open the tea bags and place in the bottom of the filter cup for your espresso machine.
- Place the coffee on top of the tea leaves (straining the espresso over the chai gives it the strongest flavor).
- Brew the espresso and mix in the sugar while it is still hot.
- Pour into a 12 ounce glass and quickly stir in 4-5 ice cubes until the side of the glass feels chilled.
- Fill to the top with milk.