Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 7 cups water
- 3 darjeeling tea bags
- 4 slices fresh ginger (thin slices)
- 1 vanilla bean, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons honey
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add tea, ginger, vanilla, cinnamon, and bay leaves.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, adding milk near the end of the simmering time. Stir in honey.
- Remove from heat, cover, and steep for 3 minutes.
- Strain through a sieve to remove spices.
- Serve over ice.
I actually preferred this hot, it's perfect for a cold winter's night. If you have a cold add some more ginger.