Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Carrot Cookies with Orange Zest Icing
Make and share this Iced Carrot Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cooked mashed carrot
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup coconut
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons soft margarine
- Cream shortening and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
- Add mashed carrots.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt, and add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in coconut.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Cool, then ice with Orange Frosting (follows).
- Orange Frosting: In a small bowl, combine all ingredients; stir until well mixed.
I am particularly fond of Carrot Cookies. These are not too sweet and make a nice, light,tasty cookie. I didn't think they were sweet enough without the icing.