Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are good to the point where I don't believe they're healthy. But they say it's true. This recipe came out of The Complete Book of Cookies.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons carob powder or 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup w.w. flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup muscovado sugar or 1⁄3 cup sugar, in the raw
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 2 ounces carob chips
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped dried apricot
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line the base and sides of a 7 inches square baking pan with parchment paper. Put butter in a large pan and add the carob powder. Stir over a low heat until the mixture is smooth and combined. Stir in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- 2. Press the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for about 20-25 minutes until just set. Mark into squares or bars while still hot. Leave to cool in tin.
- 3. To make the topping, stir the carob and cream in a small pan over low heat. Spread over the cookies and sprinkle the apricots on top.