Prep 9 hrs
Cook 0 mins
You can adjust the sugar for this, plan ahead this needs to freeze for about 9 hours.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups strong brewed coffee or 2 cups espresso
- 2 cups half-and-half cream, divided (or use full-fat milk)
- chocolate syrup
- In a large freezer-safe mixing bowl combine the sugar and hot coffee; stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add in 1 cup half and half cream; cover and chill for 9 hours.
- Let thaw slightly in the refrigerator; add in the remaining 1 cup half and half cream; beat with and electric mixer until smooth.
- Place in individual glass serving bowls or cups.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
- Serve immediately.
10 STARS! OUtstanding! I used a metal ice-cream scoop to scrape the frozen "slush" from the bowl for one serving, then added some skim milk and used my immersion blender. Topped it with some lite cool whip (at less than 20 calories per tablespoon) and chocolate. Wow. I'll be using this all summer long... and winter too!
This is simply wonderful! I used 2 cups of my morning coffee and mixed it with the sugar and half and half and set in the freezer just until it was slushy. I scooped out just enough for my one serving, mixed it with a little more half and half and some Hershey's Syrup. The result was absolute heaven! Now I have enough slush leftover for many more afternoons to come! I'm loving this! Thanks, Kitten!
This was very good!! We really enjoy coffee flavoted things and this was perfect!! Thanks for posting!!