Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
We made this one lazy afternoon, when my bestfriend Judy and I started playing around in the kitchen. The flavor of this dessert is so intense; the portions are relatively small & are diluted with club soda. Use goblets, so that your efforts will shine. Didn't allow for cooling time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups strong coffee (we used Cuban)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 4 slices orange peel, divided
- 4 slices lemon peel, divided
- 4 tablespoons triple sec, divided
- 4 tablespoons brandy, divided
- ice cube
- 1 cup vanilla frozen yogurt, divided
- chilled club soda
- twists lemon peel (like corkscrews, for garnish) or orange peel (like corkscrews, for garnish)
- Brew enough coffee to make 12 oz (1 1/2 cups), adding the spices to the ground coffee before brewing.
- Transfer spiced coffee to a container and chill until cold.
- Muddle 2 teaspoons sugar with 2 orange and 2 lemon strips in a cocktail shaker using the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Add 2 Tablespoons Triple Sec, 2 Tablespoons Brandy, 3/4 cups prepared coffee & ice cubes; shake well.
- Assemble floats by scooping 1/4 cup frozen yogurt into each of 2 goblets, then top with strained coffee mixture.
- Finish with a splash of club soda and a twist of citrus peel; serve at once.
- Repeat procedure with remaining ingredients to make 2 more floats.