Prep 1 min
Cook 1 min
Delicious cool drink while reading your favorite novel. A bit lighter on calories too. I replace the sugar with Splenda this not only lessens the calories but makes it diabetic friendly..
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated 2% milk or 1 (12 fluid ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
- 4 teaspoons 100% pure instant coffee granules (more or less to taste)
- 3 teaspoons granulated sugar
- ice cube
- Combine evaporated milk, instant coffee and sugar in 2-cup glass measure.
- Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; stir well.
- Pour over ice cubes.
Delicious, quick and easy. We like our coffee black so we tasted this before adding any sugar and found it was great with the evaporated milk, ice and coffee. Did put in the blender to make a nice smooth latte. Thanks so much for the post.
I made this as directed with Splenda and didn't care for the evaporated milk flavor so I added in some cocoa powder which made it a little better but still not to my tastes. Made for the Zaar Stars tag game.
Very nice, and I bet it would taste great with a "little" bit of homemade chocolate sauce mixed in too! I made it with regular ev. milk and realized, after drinking one serving, that I just drank 9 g of sat. fat! I will buy the fat free for next time! :) I don't like regular coffee, but this is great! Thanks.