Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A lovely moist banana cake. The icing is sweet, but makes for a lovely treat.
Make and share this Iced Banana Slab Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 4 bananas, roughly chopped
- 4 eggs
- 125 g brown sugar
- 325 g self raising flour
- 10 g butter
- oil, canola spray
- 0.25 ml brown sugar
- 125 g icing sugar
- 50 ml maple syrup (approx)
- Place the eggs, brown sugar, and banana into a mixing bowl. Using a stick belnder or food processor, blend until smooth and fluffy.
- Toss in the flour and fold gently, just until combined.
- Spray a baking tray with canola oil and line with baking paper. Grease the top of paper with the butter and then pour in the banana mixture.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and bake in a preheated oven at 190°C for 30-45 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Remove cake and allow to completely cool. Spread the icing over the top and refrigerate for 15 minutes to set. Slice and serve.
- To make icing: Mix all ingredients together until thick and smooth. Note you may not need to use all the maple syrup only enough to get the right spreading consistancy.
Very nice and moist,I used some whole wheat flour with the white and dark brown sugar. I will make it again.
Delicious! Made this for dessert last night. Very easy once I got past the conversions from metric to US. I used food.com's conversion link found in the community forums. I also took a risk and didn't line my heavy-duty non-stick 8-inch square baking pan. It came out perfect! Thanks, Tisme! Made for Make My Recipe tag game.