Recipe by Pink Penguin
Using parsnip rather than the traditional carrot. Lovely cake can be eaten with or without the icing.
- 100 g parsnips, peeled& grated
- 100 g bananas, mashed
- 200 g self raising flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 100 g light muscovado sugar
- 100 g unsalted butter, melted & cooled slightly
- 100 g pecan halves
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 150 g cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the cake, heat teh oven to 180c/gas4. Line a 2lb loaf tin with greaseproof paper. Put all the cake uingredients in a large bowl & mix well.
- Pour into the tin, place on a baking tray & bake in the centre of the oven for about 35-40 minutes, unti the centre is firm & springy to the tounch& a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Leave to go cold in the tin.
- To make the icing, beat together the cream cheese & maple syrup until light & well blended. Remove the cake from the tin. Spread the icing over the top of the cake & decorate with the reserved pecans.