Recipe by Bev
A nice cold drink for a hot day. If you prefer it sweeter, just add a bit of sugar or honey or other sweetener. Prep time does not include chilling/freezing time.
Top Review by Anna Kumquat
Yum yum yum. I was expecting kind of a low-fat coffee-banana shake but this really was more like a creamy iced latte with a heavy hint of banana, and just great. The frozen banana gave it the body/creaminess it needed being lowfat, and saying this from Seattle, where I could be lynched for such talk, I’d have to say this beats the calorie-laden creamy coffee drinks you can buy hands down, because it not only tastes good, the fat grams won't kill me! It's also dirt cheap compared to buying it. I added a packet of equal, cuz I like ‘em a little sweet, and used ridiculously strong coffee to mimic espresso.
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk (or soy milk)
- 1⁄3 cup strong coffee or 1⁄3 cup espresso, chilled or at room temperature
- 1 banana, frozen and sliced
- 2 -3 ice cubes
- cocoa, for sprinkling
- cinnamon, for sprinkling
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour milk and coffee into blender.
- Add banana.
- Blend until mixture is smooth.
- With blender running, add ice cubes one at a time, blending until each is incorporated.
- Use enough ice cubes to obtain desired consistency.
- Pour into a glass.
- Sprinkle with cocoa and cinnamon.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes 1 large serving or 2 smaller servings.