Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This delicious recipes comes from the U.S.Apple Growers Consumers Association in Conneticut.
- 3 cups apple juice (or cider)
- 3 cups boiling water
- 6 decaffeinated tea bags (green tea is good)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- lemon slice, to garnish (optional)
- Add tea bags to boiling water. Let stand 15 minutes. Remove and add allspice, honey and apple juice. Simmer over low heat until honey is blended, about one minute.Chill.
- Serve over ice with lemon slices.
- Makes 6 8-ounce servings.
I wanted to try a different tea recipe and I needed to use up the apple juice in the fridge. This worked out great. It was a good tea.
oh my goodness, sharon, this is some of the best iced tea I have EVER tried! :) I loved that the apple juice and honey made it sweet enough without having to add sugar... and believe me, I like things sweet! lol. I made this for my mom and I for a girl's day in and we both loved it. I used 4 tension tamer celestial seasonings tea bags with 2 english tea-time [I ran out of the celestial...hehe] and it was perfection! can't wait to make this again... but I will have to double the recipe of course! ;)
This was so good. I can imagin this as a hot drink also. Very smooth combination.