Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 cups water
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chop
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chop
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and chop
- 1 pasilla chile, seeded and chop
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and halved
- 2 serrano peppers
- 1 habanero pepper
- cold water, with ice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup white wine vinegar (or cider vinegar)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- Heat two cups water in medium saucepan on low heat.
- Add garlic, onions and peppers.
- Blanch for one to two minutes.
- Place into bowl of cold water and ice.
- Reserve hot water.
- To the hot water, add salt, vinegar, sugar and mustard seeds.
- Stir to dissolve.
- Transfer cooled peppers, onions and garlic to a large bowl.
- Pour hot liquid over and toss to coat.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.