Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A creamy delicious key lime cheese pie. It takes a little work to get all those limes juiced and zested but it is well worth it! I found this in the Cook's Country newsletter. I wondered if this pie might work well with other citrus fruits. The basic pie is pretty generic and all the flavor comes from the juice and zest. You might give it a try using lemon or maybe orange!
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon key lime zest
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄3 cup vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup fresh key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Process the sugar and lime zest until the sugar turns bright green and resembles pickle relish.
- Add cream cheese and process until combined.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and pudding mix and process until smooth. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Stir gelatin and 2 tablespoons of the lime juice in a small bowl. Heat in microwave for 15 seconds; stir until dissolved.
- With machine running, pour in gelatin mixture, the rest of the lime juice, and the vanilla. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into graham crust, cover with plastic, and chill for 3 hours.