Recipe by Ms. Poppy
The original recipe came from Grandma's Great Desserts. The original recipe is made in a spring-form pan. I wanted to feed more so I increased the filling by a third. For the crust, I followed a box of graham cracker crumbs for the directions for a no-bake crust for a 13 x 9-in pan. Also the original recipe calls for making a glaze with 4 squares (1 oz ea) of semisweet chocolate, 1/2 c whipping cream and 1/2 tsp vanilla. This part I ended up omitting, although, it is a nice topping for this delicious dessert. Below are my changes.
- 3 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (2 sleeves from a 3 sleeved box)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 12 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 (1 lb) package Oreo cookies, break each cookie in 3-4 pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chocolate graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 c sugar and 12 T of melted butter. Press into a 13 x 9-in pan. Chill.
- Whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks form; refrigerate.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add 1 1/3 cup sugar; blend thoroughly. Fold in the broken Oreos along with the chilled whipped cream.
- Spread filling evenly into crust, smoothing top and spreading to edges. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.