Recipe by Sascha
This recipe was on Oprah's website and is an adaptation of Magnolia Bakery's icebox cake. It has to chill overnight, but it's deceptively simple to make. This works best with Nabisco famous wafers.
Top Review by cylee
Don't mess with the best! The recipe on the back of the Famous Wafer box is unbelievable...no need for the additional sugar!!! I guess if you must have the extra sweetness, ok, but is quite fine as is on back of box (less cals, too!) Thanks for posting, however.
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 (9 ounce) packages chocolate wafer cookies
- unsweetened cocoa (or chocolate shavings)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, beat cream, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form.
- On a flat serving plate, arrange 7 cookies side by side in a circle, keeping 1 cookie in the center.
- Spread with 1/2 cup whipped cream, making a 7-inch circle.
- Repeat with remaining cookies and cream, making 11 layers of cookies and ending with a layer of cream (there will be a few cookies left over). Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, dust top lightly with cocoa powder or chocolate shavings.