Adapted from Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed.Add egg and vanilla and beat to combine. Add flour and salt and beat on low to combine. Fold in chocolate and pistachios.
- 2Place dough in fridge for an hour to firm up.
- 3Place dough on clean floured surface and roll into long tube. Wrap dough in wax paper and twist ends closed. Place dough into a paper towel roll (this helps the dough keeps its shape) and freeze overnight.
- 4Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 5Let dough stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Roll dough in sanding sugar to coat. Slice log into 1/4 thick rounds. Place about 1 inch apart on cookie sheets.
- 6Place one cookie sheet on upper rack and one on lower rack. Bake for 8 minutes. Swap racks and rotate cookie sheets and bake for another 8 minutes. Continue to bake until cookies are golden brown.
- 7Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Icebox Butter Cookies With Chocolate and Pistachios
Serving Size: 1 (934 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 71.1
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 11.6 mg
- Sodium 40.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 0.9 g