Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This cool treat is my family's favorite dessert. Banana cake topped with homemade chocolate cream.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup soft butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (if your bananas start getting old and brown, put them in the freezer so you can make this treat late)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup melted semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 banana, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons pecans
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine sugar, butter, and vanilla.
- Beat until fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Beat two more minutes.
- Stir in mashed bananas and sour cream.
- Fold in flour and baking soda.
- Pour into two greased 8-inch round pans.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
- While the cakes are cooling:.
- Beat whipping cream in a cold bowl on high until peaks form. Add sugar and vanilla. Beat till stiff peaks (2 minutes).
- Add melted chips and mix well. Store in fridge until cakes are completely cool.
- Place one cake on plate and frost. Place second cake on top and frost making sure to cover the sides. Store loosely wrapped in fridge.
- Optional: Just before serving decorate with fresh banana slices, pecans, and chocolate chips.