Recipe by mersaydees
This is a simple and fantastic retro-diner salad that is based on a recipe from the January 2003 issue of Bon Appetit magazine. Another rare recipe that my picky DH actually likes! I often serve this to compliment one of his BBQ's, and sometimes add tomato wedges, especially if I have some that are garden fresh.
Top Review by breezermom
Very good dressing! I had this for dinner tonight and it was a great dinner salad. The blue cheese gave it a nice robust flavor. I did use regular greek style yogurt instead of nonfat yogurt, but otherwise followed the recipe. Thanks for posting! I made this for Zaar Stars Tag.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (about 3/4 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 heads iceberg lettuce, each cut into quarters
- 2 green onions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl, whisk together mayo, 1/2 cup of the blue cheese, yogurt, buttermilk, and vinegar until nearly smooth.
- Mix in remaining blue cheese.
- Season with black pepper.
- (Dressing can be made 1 week ahead and stored in refrigerator).
- Arrange lettuce wedges on 8 plates.
- Spoon dressing over wedges.
- Sprinkle with green onions and season with additional black pepper.