1/1 Photo of Iceberg Wedge With Warm Bacon & Blue Cheese Dressing
Simple ingredients, not a lot of fuss....tastes great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup coarsely crumbled blue cheese
- buttermilk (optional)
- 1/2 lb thick-cut bacon, cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce, cut into 6 wedges, each with some core attached
- 1/2 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1Mix first 4 ingredients in medium bowl.
- 2Add blue cheese and stir until well blended.
- 3If too thick, thin with buttermilk by tablespoonfuls to desired consistency.
- 4(Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.).
- 5Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until golden brown and beginning to crisp.
- 6Arrange lettuce on plates.
- 7Spoon dressing over.
- 8Using slotted spoon, transfer warm bacon from skillet onto salads, dividing equally.
- 9Garnish with red onion.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Iceberg Wedge With Warm Bacon & Blue Cheese Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 507.8
- Calories from Fat 390
- Total Fat 43.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 57.8 mg
- Sodium 1081.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 11.1 g