Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
from Buddy Valastro's TLC page
- 1⁄2 lb pancetta or 1⁄2 lb thick-cut bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce, cut into 4-6 wedges, each with some core attached
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 3 tablespoons apple cider or 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup crumbled gorgonzola
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- For the Salad: Cook pancetta in large skillet over medium heat until golden brown and crispy. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain the extra fat and set aside.
- For the Gorgonzola Dressing: In a bowl, whisk together the mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Add 1/2 cup of Gorgonzola to the bowl and mash with a fork. Add the sour cream and whisk together. Serve or store in an airtight container, in the refrigerator, for up to 1 week.
- To assemble: Arrange iceberg wedges on plates. Spoon dressing over wedges and garnish with pancetta, radishes, cherry tomato halves, and remaining gorgonzola crumbles.