1/1 Photo of Iceberg Wedge Blue Cheese Bacon & Tomato Salad
The Big Cheese's Note:
I first tried a salad like this in a restaurant. I think my homemade version is much better. Hat's off to Luby for the outstanding recipe for Blue Cheese Dressing which is the only one I will eat now. I copied the recipe verbatim, and included all steps in making the dressing straight from Luby's recipe, #55514. This is my favorite salad in the summertime, reminds me of a BLT without the bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated onions
- 4 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 6 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1To make the dressing, combine mayonnaise, sour cream and buttermilk, mixing well.
- 2Add remaining ingredients mixing thoroughly.
- 3Must refrigerate for 24 hours before serving for best flavor.
- 4For the salad assembly, divide iceberg lettuce head into four equal sections, cutting down towards the stem.
- 5Place on plates, topping liberally with the blue cheese dressing, crumbled bacon, chopped tomato and crumbled blue cheese.
- 6Serve nice and cold, adding salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Iceberg Wedge Blue Cheese Bacon & Tomato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (397 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 817.6
- Calories from Fat 605
- Total Fat 67.3 g
- Saturated Fat 30.6 g
- Cholesterol 131.8 mg
- Sodium 2338.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 27.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: