Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
One my favorite salads! So elegant looking yet so easy to make. Great for dinner parties! Happy to share!
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese, room temp
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- extra chopped chives (to garnish)
- Cut the lettuce into 4 wedges and place on chilled plates.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients, until the dressing is creamy but still slightly lumpy from the blue cheese.
- Spoon a generous amount of dressing over each wedge of lettuce.
- Garnish with the extra chives and serve.
Couldn't cook today - it was too hot. This is a real heat-buster. Used roquefort in place of the bleu and creme fraiche in place of the sour cream. Fleur de sel was my salt of choice. Everything else as is. Delicious.
Wonderful. I added crisp bacon and diced fresh tomatos. My boyfriend is not a salad eater but will eat this.
I quartered the recipe for a single serving, but had enough dressing left over for another salad. That's a good thing because it was delicious! The fresh chives really made it, I think. Made for ZWT.