Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A friend gave me this yummy recipe, knowing my love for blue cheese.
Make and share this Iceberg and Stilton salad with herb leaves and tomato recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄4 cup fresh Italian parsley
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cut chives
- 2 tablespoons tarragon leaves
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves
- 1⁄4 lb Stilton cheese or 1⁄4 lb other blue cheese, cut into small cubes
- 2 large tomatoes, cored,cut into large chunks
- Whisk together vinegar, oil, and salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
- Combine lettuce, onion, basil, parsley, chives, tarragon and coriander in a large bowl.
- Toss lightly with dressing; divide among 4 large plates.
- Top each portion with cheese and tomatoes.