Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3 lbs cucumbers (4-inch)
- 5 medium onions
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 quart cider vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pickling salt
- Wash the cucumbers, quarter them lengthwise, and soak them in ice-water for 2 hours.
- Peel and slice the onions and pack them in the bottoms of 5 pint jars.
- Pack the cucumbers lengthwise in the jars.
- Combine the mustard seed, vinegar, sugar and salt, bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute.
- Fill the jars to overflowing with the boiling-hot syrup and seal.