Also known as the poor man's milkshake. I've tried it hundreds of time and it just didn't taste as good as ice cream milkshakes, but then I found the secret: vanilla syrup. If your looking for a creamy texture, this isn't the recipe for you. If you don't mind a little icey-ness then your going to love it! I make it in my magic bullet, so the recipe is going to reflect that. I figure, just multiply by 4 and it should work for a normal blender. Not promising though.
- 4 tablespoons chocolate syrup (If chocolates not your thing, just add less)
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free vanilla syrup (I use Torani Sugar free vanilla)
- 12 ice cubes (like an 8oz glass full of ice, roughly)
- 2 cups milk (like an 8oz glass full, basically)
- Put ice cubes into blender (please remember I use a magic bullet so it's one of those 8oz containers).
- Pour in Chocolate syrup, vanilla syrup and milk.
- Blend until the noise of big chunks knocking together stops (about 5 minutes).
- Pour into glass and enjoy! Note: This is very thick, so it may require a spoon at first.