Recipe by Derf
Mexican dessert by request from Latin American Cooking. (Several hours chill time in the freezer or use an ice cream maker)
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 4 ounces mexican chocolate (2 bars)
- 1 2⁄3 cups double cream
- 1 cup milk
- chocolate curls, to decorate
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the eggs in a bowl and whisk them with an electric whisk unti they are thick, pale and fluffy.
- Gradually whisk in the sugar.
- Melt the chocolate in a heavy based saucepan over a low heat, then add it to the egg mixture and mix thouroughly.
- Whisk in the cream, then stir in the milk, a little at a time.
- Cool mixture, then chill.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn until thick.
- OR freeze it in a shallow plastic box in the fast freeze section of the freezer for several hours, until ice crystals have begun to form around edges.
- Process to break up the ice crystals, then freeze again.
- To serve, decorate with chocolate curls.