Mexican dessert by request from Latin American Cooking. (Several hours chill time in the freezer or use an ice cream maker)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the eggs in a bowl and whisk them with an electric whisk unti they are thick, pale and fluffy.
- 2Gradually whisk in the sugar.
- 3Melt the chocolate in a heavy based saucepan over a low heat, then add it to the egg mixture and mix thouroughly.
- 4Whisk in the cream, then stir in the milk, a little at a time.
- 5Cool mixture, then chill.
- 6Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn until thick.
- 7OR freeze it in a shallow plastic box in the fast freeze section of the freezer for several hours, until ice crystals have begun to form around edges.
- 8Process to break up the ice crystals, then freeze again.
- 9To serve, decorate with chocolate curls.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ice Cream with Mexican Chocolate
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 635.5
- Calories from Fat 412
- Total Fat 45.8 g
- Saturated Fat 27.4 g
- Cholesterol 250.1 mg
- Sodium 103.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 44.9 g
- Protein 8.2 g