Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I love Ice cream with a chocolate topping, so when I found this recipe I thought I had died and gone to heaven! Rich, creamy, caramelized chocolate over vanilla ice cream! Yummy!!
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 -3 scoops vanilla ice cream or 2 -3 scoops coffee ice cream
- Cook sugar in a very small, dry.saucepan or skillet over moderately high heat, undisturbed, until sugar begins to melt, about 2 minutes. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally with a fork, until sugar is melted into a deep golden caramel, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove caramel from heat and carefully pour in cream (Mixture will steam and bubble vigorously). Once bubbles begin to subside, add chocolate and stir until sauce is smooth. Stir in vanilla and pour sauce over ice cream.