Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was published in Lucy Waverman's cooking column in the Globe and Mail some time ago. You have to like Scotch to like this recipe. Use a mellow single malt, not a bold peaty one. Combination of vanilla, scotch and black pepper imparts a caramel like flavour. This is as fast a desert as you can make.
- 2 cups good quality vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1⁄4 cup single malt scotch
- Divide the ice cream into 4 bowls.
- Grind the black pepper over the ice cream, about 6 grinds per portion.
- Pour one tablespoon of Scotch over each dish and serve.
I really wanted to like this recipe! But it just wasn't to my taste. My fault, I'm sure. Think I'll to have to try it again! Perhaps I needed a better Scotch. I'll be working on it! Chef Regina, thanks for posting . . . . . Janet
What an unusual and tasty combination! We were quite surprised at just how well all the flavours blended. DH preferred it with a bit extra pepper, but it was very well received. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Fall 2008.