Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Spectacular summery dessert and super quick. Hint the presentation is key here so make sure to have and "elegant" looking glass bowl so you can see the dessert!
- 1 small prepared jely roll cake, about 8 inches long filled with red jelly
- 1⁄4 cup cream sherry or 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 pints French vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄2 pint fresh raspberries or 1⁄2 pint strawberry, rinsed and dried,strawberries should be hulled
- 1⁄2 cup Cool Whip
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- Cut cake into 1/2inch slices crosswise.
- In a small shallow glass bowl of footed compote line the bottom and sides with the slices.
- Sprinkle the cake with the sherry.
- Fill the cake lined bowl with scoops of ice cream.
- Top with the berries, cool whip and almonds.
- Serve immediately.