Recipe by LAURIE
Spectacular summery dessert and super quick. Hint the presentation is key here so make sure to have and "elegant" looking glass bowl so you can see the dessert!
- 1 small prepared jely roll cake, about 8 inches long filled with red jelly
- 1⁄4 cup cream sherry or 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 pints French vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄2 pint fresh raspberries or 1⁄2 pint strawberry, rinsed and dried,strawberries should be hulled
- 1⁄2 cup Cool Whip
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut cake into 1/2inch slices crosswise.
- In a small shallow glass bowl of footed compote line the bottom and sides with the slices.
- Sprinkle the cake with the sherry.
- Fill the cake lined bowl with scoops of ice cream.
- Top with the berries, cool whip and almonds.
- Serve immediately.