Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
When I was a teen, a friend's mother made this candy, allowing us to help "pull" the taffy. It was tasty and fun. I got the recipe from her and have used it at teen parties a number of times since.
- 3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- sifted powdered sugar
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Stir and boil until hard-cracked stage.
- While warm, pull into long strips until white.
- Place on waxed paper.
- Break into small pieces.
- Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
i think its called taffy fold though. IT WAS YUMMY!!!