Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I think that this was a Mr. Food recipe but now with variations...This is fun, esp after a Mexican meal! Its another one of those that you are only limited to the combinations by what you can think of to do with it!! Enjoy! (Allow time to freeze to desired firmness)
- 8 round frozen waffles, thawed
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream, slightly softened
- 1⁄2 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1⁄2 cup hot fudge topping
- 1⁄2 cup caramel topping
- 8 maraschino cherries, halved
- whipped topping
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut, tinted green
- Warm the waffles as directed on the package, but not to the point of being toasted, they still need to be pliable (I usually just micro zap them until they are just warm.).
- While warm, gently fold each waffle in half to resemble a taco.
- Place in a 11x7 pan, 4 by 2 across so they can hold their shape.
- In a large bowl fold marshmallows into the ice cream.
- Spoon ice cream into the taco shells.
- Drizzle fudge and caramel over the top of each.
- Cover and freeze until firm.
- To serve, dollop on the whipped topping to look like sour cream, sprinkle on the coconut to look like lettuce and top with the cherry halves to look like tomatoes.
- For a more traditional Mexican type for adults, try this with cinnamon ice cream with caramel topping or chocolate ice cream sprinkled with cinnamon.
These did not turn out well at all. The waffles tasted terrible and freezer burnt. The ice cream was too hard to bite. Even the young kids didn't like them.