Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
The one comment I always receive from family and friends is this pie tastes like "more"!! In other words, one piece is never enough!!
- 1 prepared chocolate cookie pie crust
- 3 pints vanilla ice cream, softened
- 3 tablespoons green creme de menthe
- whipped cream
- chopped nuts
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- Turn ice cream into large bowl.
- Pour Creme de Menthe over it, and with spoon swirl into ice cream just enough to give marbled effect.
- Do not over mix.
- Fill prepared pie crust with ice cream, mounding in center.
- Place in freezer.
- Prepare fudge sauce.
- Pour 1/2 cup cooled fudge sauce on top.
- Store in freezer until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, garnish with whipped cream and fudge sauce, sprinkle with nuts.
- Fudge Sauce: In small saucepan, blend chocolate with 1/2 cup water.
- Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted.
- Add sugar and salt.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved and mixture is thickened (approximately 5 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
- Let cool.