Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the Barefoot Contessa Party Book. This is a great last minute dessert if you have everything on hand.
- hershey chocolate syrup
- strawberry syrup
- pure vanilla extract
- heavy cream, chilled
- club soda or seltzer water, chilled
- vanilla ice cream
- strawberry ice cream
- coffee ice cream
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Place 3 T.
- syrup or 1 teaspoon vanilla plus 3 T.
- cream, in a tall ice cream soda glass.
- Whisk with a fork, then slowly, while still whisking, add the club soda until the glass is three-quarters full.
- Add 2 scoops of ice cream, add soda on top of the glass, and serve with a spoon and a straw.
- Strawberry Syrup: Combine the strawberries, sugar and lemon in a container.
- Cover and refrigerate over night.
- Strain the syrup into a pitcher, pushing down on the berries to extract all the liquid.