Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
Bake the cake mix batter and cut into a large cookie. Cut the cookie in half and fill with ice cream. Voila! Delicious ice cream sandwiches much better than store-bought! Recipe from "Kid's Cake Mix Fun."
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package chocolate cake mix with pudding, in the mix
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- decorative sugar or colored sprinkles
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Light spray a 13x9-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line pan with aluminum foil and spray again.
- Beat cake mix, eggs, water and melted butter in a large bowl with electric mixer until well blended. Dough will be thick and sticky. Spoon dough into prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap and press dough evenly into pan, using plastic wrap to keep hands from sticking to dough. Remove plastic wrap and prick surface all over with fork (about 40 times) to prevent dough from rising too much.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Cut the resultant cookie in half crosswise; Remove one half from pan. Spread ice cream evenly over cookie half remaining in pan. Top with second half; use foil in pan to wrap up sanwich.
- Freeze at least 4 hours. Cut into 8 equal pieces; dip cut ends in decoratie sugar or colored sprinkles which will adhere to the ice cream for a pretty presentation. Wrap and freeze sandwiches until ready to serve.