Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My kids love this on a hot summer day. I have found it works well also to divide the chocolate fudge topping and use half in step 5 and the other in step 7. You may also add a jar of caramel topping if you desire.
- Cut one ice cream sandwich in half.
- Place one whole and one half sandwich along a short side of an ungreased 13x9x2 inch pan.
- Arrange eight sandwiches in opposite direction in the pan.
- Spread with half of the whipped topping.
- Spoon fudge topping by teaspoonfuls onto whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup peanuts.
- Repeat layers with remaining ice cream sandwiches, whipped topping and peanuts.
- Pan will be full.
- Cover and freeze.
- Remove from freezer 20 minutes before serving.
- Cut into squares.
- Can be frozen up to 2 months.
SO EASY!!! I added caramel and crushed up Butterfingers to the layers. It actually looked like I spent time on this dessert. :) Thanks so much!!
Wow! It's a keeper! It's so yummy and super easy. I took it out of the freezer just as we all sat down to eat dinner and by the time we were ready for dessert about 1/2 hr later it was perfect. I used chopped pecans and I will try some other toppings next time, but our guests asked for the recipe. You know it's a hit when guests ask for the recipe. Someone suggested 1/2 caramel topping and 1/2 chocolate, that is a good suggestion to try too.
A wonderful, simple summer dessert! I used mini chocolate chips rather than the peanuts (but I think the peanuts would be delicious also--kind of like a drumstick). I also reversed the order of the filling ingredients between layers of ice cream sandwiches. I first spread the fudge sauce, then topped with the mini chocolate chips & the Cool Whip. (I didn't think the fudge sauce would spread over the Cool Whip very well.) I topped with a few extra mini chocolate chips so it looked pretty & wala a beautiful, delicious dessert that has a real "wow" factor. It looks like you went to an awful lot of work, when you just assemble it in minutes! Thanks for a great one!