My kids love this on a hot summer day. I have found it works well also to divide the chocolate fudge topping and use half in step 5 and the other in step 7. You may also add a jar of caramel topping if you desire.
- Cut one ice cream sandwich in half.
- Place one whole and one half sandwich along a short side of an ungreased 13x9x2 inch pan.
- Arrange eight sandwiches in opposite direction in the pan.
- Spread with half of the whipped topping.
- Spoon fudge topping by teaspoonfuls onto whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup peanuts.
- Repeat layers with remaining ice cream sandwiches, whipped topping and peanuts.
- Pan will be full.
- Cover and freeze.
- Remove from freezer 20 minutes before serving.
- Cut into squares.
- Can be frozen up to 2 months.