I don't know if anyone could possibly love an ice cream sandwich as much as me. I used to sneak them out of the freezer and go sit where I could be alone with my sinful delight. I still feel like I need to hide when I eat one in my own apartment. But, I have found diabetic ones so, no more sneak and hide. Even though the ice cream sandwiches are reduced sugar, the rest of the ingredients for this are not, so a very small serving at one time is alright occasionally. I'm not going to post this as a diabetic recipe because of the other stuff. But within reason, I don't see why any diabetic can't have a sliver on occasion. We gotta have a little sweet every once in a while! **Cook time is freezer time.**
- 17 small ice cream sandwiches (mini)
- 1 (12 ounce) container whipped topping
- 1 (7 ounce) milk chocolate candy bars
- 1 (8 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate syrup
- Arrange 14 sandwiches in the bottom of a 9x13 dish. Cut the remaining sandwiches in half and fill the spaces.
- Spread on the caramel and top with whipped topping. Drizzle on chocolate syrup.
- Shave the chocolate bar with a vegetable peeler. Place shavings on the top.
- Cover and freeze at least 45 minutes.