Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicious treat to indulge sometimes. (Not counting the calories)
- 1 (16 ounce) packagenestle toll house refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 (1 1/2 ounce) skor chocolate-toffee candy bars, chopped
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened (or use your favorite ice cream flavor)
- Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Form the cookie dough into 12 equal-sized balls and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes until lightly browned around the edges. Cool for 10 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, place chocolate chips. Place the bowl in the microwave on high power until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Spread the melted chocolate on top of 6 of the cooled cookies. Place cookies on a parchment or waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle the chocolate-toffee candy pieces on top of the melted chocolate.
- Place the remaining 6 cookies, flat-side-up, on the same baking sheet. Freeze the 12 cookies about 1 hour until the chocolate has set on the 6 cookies.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop about 1/3 cup softened ice cream. Place a chocolate covered cookie on top of the other 6 cookies and gently press to form a sandwich.
- Repeat with the remaining ice cream and cookies. Freeze for 3 to 4 hours until firm.