Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
A co-worker served this at a party and it was the best. Rich but really cold and addictive. Prep time does not include chill time.
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream (can buy the 1/2 gallon with half choc and half van in it)
- 1⁄4 cup instant coffee
- 1⁄2 cup powdered cocoa mix
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 quarts water
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- In a large pot bring the water to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Add cocoa, sugar and coffee to the water and stir until dissolved.
- Cover container and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 30 minutes before serving, pour mixture into a bowl and add ice cream.
- Stir until ice cream is partially dissolved.
- Add cool whip and let it sit a few minutes before serving.
Made this for a Memorial Day Picnic and it was awesome! The kids said they thought it tasted like coffee but they can detect coffee from 8 miles away! All of the adults loved it and it was gone in no time. Next time, I might add less instant coffee and more hot cocoa powder to make it more kid friendly :) Thanks much!!! (By the way, I did not use a punch bowl. I mixed half in a 2 quart pitcher, and then when a couple cups were gone, I added the remainder.)