Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you like the sweet and salty cobination, this is sure to please. This recipe was inspired due to my husband and boys always eating pretzels with their ice-cream. It’s simple to make ahead and just pull out of the freezer when you need it.
- Place crushed pretzels in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- Cover and freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- Spread fudge topping over crust; cover and freeze.
- Set aside 16 chocolate-covered pretzels for garnish.
- Place remaining pretzels in a food processor; cover and process until crumbly.
- Transfer to a large bowl; stir in ice cream.
- Spread over fudge topping.
- Drizzle with caramel topping.
- Garnish with reserved pretzels.
- Cover and freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight.
My family loves pretzels but have never tried it with ice cream, what a treat. Easy to make. Crushed the pretzels in a food processor then just added the butter and let the processor do the work. I made it in a 9 inch square springform pan. I found that the chocolate fudge topping melted faster than the ice cream when cutting it which made the chocolate topping kinda flow over the pretel bottom which made for a pretty presentation. Love this just as written but next time I would like to try ground spanish peanuts on the top of it just for variety. This recipe goes into the binder for safe keeping, thanks V.