Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 mins
Just three ingredients and you have a the basis for two delicious pie crusts which may be filled with ice cream and toppings. Serve one and keep the other crust in the freezer for another time. Recipe from Linda Larson at About.com
- 1 (19 1/3 ounce) packagetwo layer chocolate cake mix
- 1 (16 ounce) canprepared chocolate frosting
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 4 cups ice cream (any flavor)
- 1⁄2 cup ice cream topping (any flavor)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.Grease two 9-inch pie pans very generously with solid shortening.
- Combine cake mix, 3/4 cup of the frosting and water in a large bowl; beat well for 2 minutes.
- Spread 1/2 of the batter in each prepared pie pan. Do not spread batter up the sides of the pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18-24 minutes. Be careful not to overbake. Remove from the oven when crusts are puffed and the crust looks done. The crusts will collapse when removed from the oven. Cool completely.
- When ready to fill a crust, layer the ice cream and ice cream topping in the crust.
- Additives which you may layer into the pie if you like include: nuts, crushed peanut brittle, toffee bits, chocolate chips, marshmallws, and fresh frui, etct.
- Cover and freeze until firm. Remove from freezer 20 minutes before serving. Each pie serves 6-8.