Recipe by CHEF GRPA
Pickle and Ice Cream Cupcakes (copycat From People magazine and on FOX 2 news) Would you think a girl was pregnant if you saw her eating pickles and ice cream together? I don't know much about it ! But I don't think doing crazy things with food makes her pregnant ! But probably assume that since that's one of the stereotypes of pregnacy. This was designed for our expectant mothers. Sort of combines the whole shootin' match in one dish. People always want to know, is it dill or sweet? Well, it's both, and it's much better than you'd think. For this unusual but very tasty ice cream, use the ice cream base for the Old Time Vanilla Ice Cream. Then add 2 teaspoons of dill weed and freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. When the ice cream is nearly frozen, add in 3/4 cup of chopped sweet pickles. That was a Dill pickle ice cream recipe. Really? Did you actually crave pickles and ice cream? I wasn’t sure if that was just an old wives tale. They actually aren’t bad. Although,
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 6 tablspoon butter, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup pickle juice (the liquid from the pickle jar)
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped dill pickle
Directions See How It's Made
- 1). Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, dill, salt, and onion powder in a medium sized bowl.
- 2). Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- 3). Beat in eggs and sour cream until blended.
- 4). Alternately fold in flour mixture and pickle juice, beginning and ending with the flour.
- 5). Fold in the chopped pickles.
- 6). Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full.
- 7). Bake at 350*F. for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the cupcake clean.
- Notes: The Ice Cream.
- I topped the cupcake with vanilla ice cream. Can anyone think of a flavor that would go better with pickle? The topic had never come up for me before and I figured vanilla would be a safe bet.
- I would love to hear any improvements and/or variations you make to this simple recipe. Enjoy!