Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
As my friend Marlene would say, "simple but elegant!"
- 1 package white cake mix
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream
- 1 pint strawberry ice cream
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- maraschino cherry (to garnish)
- Preheat over to 350.
- Prepare cake as directed,b ut bake in a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until done with a toothpick.
- Cool 20 minutes then remove from pan.
- When completely cool, split into 3 layers using long serrated knife.
- Spread softened chocolate ice cream between bottom and middle layers.
- Spread softened strawberry ice cream between middle and top layers.
- Freeze until ice cream is hard.
- Whip cream until stiff then add sugar.
- Spread on sides and top of loaf.
- Garnish with cherries.
- Serve at once or stor in freezer up to 4 weeks.
Who doesn`t like Ice Cream! This is easy! I did let it sit in the fridge for a while so cutting was easy.