Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the 'Oriental Menu Planner'
- 200 g flour
- 80 g sugar
- 20 ml honey
- 120 g walnuts
- 1 egg
- water, as required
- 20 ml oil
- 150 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Chop the walnuts into halves. Heat sugar to caramalize slightly and add honey.
- In a mixing bowl, mix flour along with egg and oil. Add water and mix to a smooth batter.
- Make small pancakes and keep aside.
- Place a scoop of icecream in the pancake and roll.
- Cut the pancake into two.
- Serve immediately, garnished with chocolate sauce, caramalize honey and walnuts.
I used vanilla swirl ice cream which has chocolate sauce swirled inside. The recipe did not say where to put the pecan halves, so we put them on top of the rolled pancakes, then drizzled with the honey/sugar (next time we will put it all in the ice cream so it will stay with the rolls and can be eaten with your fingers). We both enjoyed this very much. Buddha said "It's like a Funky Ice Cream Sandwich" :)