Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
The recipe came from an old friend many years ago. Easy to make, tastes great, everyone likes them, In the summer you want them at most meals & they go great with your BBQ.
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pickling salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 3 sliced cucumbers, approx 3/16 inch thick
- 2 sliced red onions, approx 3/16 inch thick (for Color)
- Fill ice cream pail 3/4 full of sliced cucumbers and red onions.
- Mix ingredients together and then pour into ice cream pail.
- Mix everything together, stir a couple times a day for 2 days.
- Store in the fridge.
- Lasts a month or more.
athis is an excellent recipe . Quick and delicious
This is a wonderful recipe. I have already made a number of batches this year. DH loves them. Great served with any meal. So easy to made. Thanks for a great recipe.
Ok I put the spices in a bag...did not work. Just have to tolerate and shake them off before eating...Otherwise very good recipe