Recipe by Zewbiedoo
I don't remember where I got this recipe; it might have been from the box of rock salt. Anyway, it's very rich and no raw eggs. Cook time listed is approximate freezing time, will vary with your machine.
Top Review by gcrovetti
First time I made this recipe it was perfect!! Then the last two times it tasted like there is some kind of a chemical taste. I used 2 tablespoons of Vanilla. Is that too much? I had to dump it both times.
- 1 (14 ounce) caneagle brand sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups whipping cream, unwhipped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine ingredients, mix well.
- Pour into ice cream freezer container.
- Freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- Freeze leftovers.
- FRUIT ICE CREAM:.
- Reduce half-n-half to 1 cup.
- Add 1 cup pureed or mashed fruit (bananas, peaches, strawberries, etc.) and a few drops of food coloring, if desired.
- Proceed as above.